It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 21, Book 14




We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth. 

John Lubbock

I’ve never traveled much but thanks to the many blogs and books that I read I’ve seen a lot of places I’d not ever be able to see.  I love reading about different places and seeing pictures of the sights too.  I’m very thankful that folks share with us where they are and what they do.  It’s a pleasure to be an arm chair traveler.  

I’ve enjoyed many roadside travels in the comfort of my armchair.   Reading can not only take you to the places you long to go, but into experiences you never in your life would try outside of the covers of a book or a blog.  I’ve discovered that half the fun of travel is discovering things you didn't know existed.  Armchair travel costs very little but the pleasure are many.  

I am always reading.  Most of the time what I read is fiction but those books can also take me away to far away places.  Most authors do their research and make places come alive on the pages of their books.  

I’m usually well planted here where I’ve lived most of my life but thanks to books and blogs, I’ve seen a lot of places!

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Dr. Seuss

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Totally agree. I love books as much as I love quilting. I always have a book on the go. And I so enjoy reading blogs seeing what others are doing and where they live. Just this morning I was at Algonquin park. So very pretty.

jack69 said...

Once I started reading for entertainment, in my mid 50's I asked myself, why did you wait so long? We keep a treasure of unread books in the motor home. We both love to read.
You described the pleasure fo reading very well.
We are getting cool down here.

Mariodacat said...

M (my human) loves to read and spends lots of time doing it. She agrees with you 100%. Thank you for visiting my blog.

Mariodacat said...

M (my human) loves to read and spends lots of time doing it. She agrees with you 100%. Thank you for visiting my blog.

betty said...

So true how the world opens us for us, Ma, by just reading about it whether on blogs, in books, etc. I do enjoy the time I spend reading daily :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

you are so right about reading. It will take you places for sure. Being an armchair traveler is fun, indeed.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

I totally agree!! I was lucky to travel a lot when I was young - before marriage or kids. I am very content now with armchair traveling and have no desire to go anywhere that I can't be back home in time for bed!