It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 20, Book 14



The SMILE Virus

Author Unknown

Smiling is infectious,  
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.  

I passed around the corner 
and someone saw my grin  
When he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him . 

I thought about that smile
then I realized its worth, 
A single smile, just like mine
could travel round the earth. 

So, if you feel a smile begin, 
don't leave it undetected
Let's start an epidemic quick, 
and get the world infected!


This is the time of year that flu shots are recommended.  I get one every year because I don’t want to catch it.  But the SMILE virus is one I don’t mind catching at all.  Matter of fact I can recommend it.  

I know I’ve probably put this poem in one or two of my older posts but I saw it recently and thought it was definitely worth repeating.

I’m smiling as I write this and by now I hope you’re smiling too!  Pass a SMILE around today!


+++BIG SMILE+++

Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.

Og Mandino
American Author and Inspirational Speaker

5 comments:

betty said...

You are right, Ma, a smile virus is something I wouldn't mind getting and never get over it! Sending a big smile your way today :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

I love to smile!
... in fact, sometimes if I'm on the 'crabby-side' just the act of making myself smile has a positive, uplifting effect.

This makes me think of something another blogger wrote: You don't have to be happy all the time, but you can always choose to be cheerful.

Hope your weekend is evolving wonderfully!

TARYTERRE said...

I don't remember seeing this poem before. It made me smile, for sure. You are right smiles are infectious.

jack69 said...

Oh yes, something there is about a SMILE! I missed that one also.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Love it! Just caught up on all your posts for the week. Sorry I don't have time to keep up daily right now.