It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 19, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 19, Book 14



The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them. 

 Paulo Coelho

They say the best things in life are free and I’ve made up a little list of a few simple things in my life that prove this statement to be true.

The wind dancing and soaring, playing with autumns leaves, a whirlwind of color

Hearing the right song at the right moment is one of those simple pleasures in life that instantly lifts your spirits.

The first sip of of cold water when you are really, really thirsty is sheer bliss

Laughing so hard you can barely breathe.  It’s contagious and inviting.  These moments of deep laughter are divine in the sense that they cleanse your mood and set your mind on a positive track.

The feeling of self accomplishment you get when you finish what you started 

These  are just a few of the simple gifts, simple treasures that cost nothing and yet fill my life with magic and make it extraordinary.  The list seems to be  unending and begins the moment I wake up each morning.

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.  

Aaron Rose

4 comments:

betty said...

I liked the list you compiled Ma! So true the best things of life can cost absolutely nothing; we just have to be aware of them and be grateful for them.

betty

Elizabeth said...

I agree ! It is the simple things that bring me the most pleasure, hence the name of my blog!

TARYTERRE said...

All are wonderful gifts, free of charge.

jack69 said...

I liked your group of ordinary things that are truly NOT ORDINARY!

I haven't had a laugh like you describe in a long time, but I sure remember them.

I miss hearing one liners, like the marx brothers and the 3 stooges could throw out. When some one has to repeat them, somehow they lose the REAL BELLY LAUGH!

as always, good to be here.