It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 18, Book 14


Incredible change happens in your life
when you decide to take control
of what you do have power over
instead of craving control over
what you don't.

Steve Maraboli

There isn’t much I do have control over but one thing I do have is control over my attitude.  Perhaps more than ever before, I’ve had a tough time taking charge of my attitude.  Some difficulties have had me very frustrated.  But I do know that things will get better sooner or later and so I’m working hard on overcoming that which I do have the power to control.

Every day I work at maintaining a positive attitude .  The hardest thing I’ve had to learn is to let go and embrace the moment, whether it contains an obstacle or an opportunity and stop fussing over trivial matters and start focusing on what’s really important to me.

I also need to remember that not everyone woke up this morning and not everyone will go to bed tonight. Life has no guarantees. Every minute we are living is a blessing that has to be experienced moment by moment.  Just how I will view those moments is my choice.


No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.


Eleanor Roosevelt

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

It really hit home for me when you said, "Life has no guarantees and that we need to remember that not everyone woke up this morning and not everyone will go to bed tonight." So true.

betty said...

So true we are not guaranteed tomorrow or even our very next breath; makes us really appreciate to live in the moment; no matter if it might be a tough time we are going through.

betty

jack69 said...

Yes we do have control of some things. The thoughtful and wise learn over the years what they can control and what they cannot.GOOD STUFF.
Hope you enjoyed a great visit. Some things are extra special.

Chatty Crone said...

I tell you that the one thing cancer changed in me is how appreciative I am of my time.