It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 16, Book 14



Be your own best friend 
and don't forget to wink at yourself
every now and then.

Diane Von Furstenberg


Being on my own for so long has forced me, even if reluctantly, to learn to be happy with myself. I think it is important that we like ourselves.  I really don’t think it matters if you are alone like me or not, we still need to make friends with ourselves

I love to go places and do things with others, but that is not always possible.  A good part of my life has been spent on my own.  You can’t always control when there will be someone there for you, so being able to happily conduct yourself alone is an important part of being alive.

Because I’m alone I've learn to look at ordinary situations in new and unfamiliar ways.  I’ve also learned that when you’re alone, it can sometimes be hard to stay positive, but you must be kind to yourself.

Each day I take a good look in the mirror and give myself the biggest, most genuine smile I can muster. 

Remember:


You don’t need to be perfect…just willing to go out and give it your best shot each day.

4 comments:

betty said...

I agree Ma, that we need to be friends with ourselves and content with ourselves, no matter what we are going through and if we are alone or not. I like how you give yourself a smile daily; I'm going to start doing that!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

You know I do agree - God says to love others like you love yourself - I don't think you can love others if you don't love yourself!

TARYTERRE said...

I spend a great deal of time, alone. You have to learn to be good company for yourself.

jack69 said...

Ahhhhh, SWEET! (smile) Much better than throwing rocks...