It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 9, Book 14


Life is like a blanket too short. You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night. 

Marion Howard

This quote is about adapting yourself, making the best of what you have, and you will be happy.  Its a way of approaching life's problems.  Life isn't going to turn out exactly as you want it to, so you adjust and make the best out of what you have. If the blanket is too short, you can't make it longer, so you scoot your knees up so it can cover your whole body.

Until you make peace with who you are, you will never be content with what you have.

Doris Mortman

We really don’t need to have it all. We don’t need to do it all. We don’t need to be it all. We just need to have the courage to do what we can, and be happy with that.  We can choose to be content, just as we can choose to be happy, and if we choose to be content, we will be happy.

The picture is of one of my daughter's dogs. He always loved sitting by the campfire in one of the chairs and he loved his blanket too.

You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought

Matthew 5:5, The Message

Take the Life you are given and know you are blessed. 

7 comments:

Rose said...

Ironically, while watching TV last night, I had that blanket problem.....I pulled it up to cover my shoulders and then my feet were exposed! LOL So I put on a pair of socks!

Yes, you are right, there is always a way to adapt to a situation and making the best of what you have.

jack69 said...

Love the campfire dog (smile). BUT I really liked the quote Mortman:
Until you make peace with who you are, you will never be content with what you have.

I have never been one to envy. Just my nature. Of course I have always wanted more, but learned my limitations. (I think I just saw a blog entry)
Love from the Poconos..
Sherry & Jack

betty said...

Cute picture of the dog and his blanket :)

I liked that quote from Doris Mortman and the scripture from Matthew. It is good to be content with what we have and to be grateful for it!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Happy Saturday!

"Have the courage to do what we can" -- wise words that speak to my heart as I try to envision my next 24-36 months.
Even as I write this, I realize nothing's promised to us but 'right now.'

I appreciate YOU being part of my 'right now'!

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the picture of the dog. I have for a long time learnt to be happy with what I have. It at times hasn't been easy though

TARYTERRE said...

Love the pup in the picture with the Blankie. So sweet.

my cozy ❤ little space said...

i found your blog thrue other bloggers..i will be visitng more...nice blog