It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 5, Book 14



Life is like a library owned by the author. In it are a few books which he wrote himself, but most of them were written for him.

Harry Emerson Fosdick

Libraries are ready when they are needed, ready to enrich our minds and defend our right to know, just as other institutions protect our safety and property.

Libraries are filled with all sorts of books and like them,  we need lots of different kinds of information in order to live a good life.  Somethings I’ve learned through books, other things through advice from others.  But I’ve learned much about life by trial and error.  We are naturally curious and we need to learn a lot.  In fact I’m still learning everyday.

Good as it is to inherit a library, it is better to collect one.

Augustine Birrell


There are those who say life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which to spend your time. I do think that a book is like life, particularly a good one, which is worth staying up all night to finish.

The pages of yesterday cannot be revised, but the pages of tomorrow are blank and you hold the pen.  Make it an inspiring story.

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I agree with Augustine Birrell. It is better to collect a library by filling it with books you like, than to inherit it with things you do not care for.

jack69 said...

I SMILE, this describes your blog. it is like life which is like a Library. SWEET. Looks like sun here today.

betty said...

I like this with life being like a library; when I go to the library, it is fun just to stop and look at the books and admire their titles and covers; we need to do that in our live too I think!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

Books are a treasure. I agree, a good book keeps me up late into the night.