It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 27, Book 14



The only way to make sense out of change
is to plunge into it, move with it and join the dance.

Alan Watts

I’ve seen many changes in the course of my life time.  I’ve changed, people have changed, the scenery has changed.  Every day there is something that will change.

I’ve had cause to be fearful of change, but have found the best way to deal with it is to accept what has changed and move on with my life. Learning to accept some changes has been the hardest lesson I've had to learn.   Not every change is something bad.  Many have been for the good.

Accepting a new chapter in your life is like beginning a new adventure.  It can be exciting.  It’s up to each of us to decide what change will mean for us.

Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.

Karen Kaiser Clark

Accepting change requires letting go of how we think things should be, embracing what we have and trusting that we will understand why change happens.   Life can be a persistent teacher.  If you accept and embrace change, you will start looking for and finding lessons in it.

I’ve learned to go with the flow. Today may not be a good one, but there is something good to be found in every day.  We only live once, and if we do it right, once is enough.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable. 

Denis Waitley


4 comments:

linda m said...

My life has changed a lot over the years. However, as I grow older, change has become harder for me to accept. Many times now when something changes I suffer a severe anxiety attack and it takes prayer to get me back on track. Must be a sign of old age. Blessings

betty said...

I like just jumping into the change and then starting to adapt to it. I keep saying it, I resist change, but our world and lives are constantly changing. I think the best thing is to go with the flow indeed.

betty

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

You always have a way of making me feel like you are writing just for me! Your words are so true. I actually really love change when it's planned, at least somewhat, but it's those surprise changes that can be scary. I do know from life experience that those can be really good too. As the saying goes, everything happens for a reason. We just have to go with it and see where it leads.

TARYTERRE said...

I do not deal well with change. It is an issue. Like your tips for dealing with it, though.