It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 26, Book 14



If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.

Unknown


I’ve found that happiness isn’t about where you live or the things you do. It isn’t about being on an impossible mission to do everything, see everywhere, and accomplish everything you ever dreamed.

Happiness is a state of mind.

All we ever have is right now. Forget about the past. Don’t worry about the future. Take each day as it comes, and most of all, stop thinking that the grass is greener, because it never really is.

The person is happiest who lives from day to day
and asks no more, garnering the simple goodness of a life.

Euripides

4 comments:

betty said...

I liked that first quote from Unknown; I think I've been known to do just that, worry and wonder and ignore what's going on. I'm going to try to live like Euripides said about the happiest person and just live for today!

betty

jack69 said...

Betty seems to follow my chain of thought. She must be one smart lady. (smile)
Loved the entry.
We are definitely trying the impossible journey and the older I get I realize, I am not going to get it all done, but we are still going to try.....
I like your thought patterns...

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

I agree 100%!! Hope you have had a great day :)

TARYTERRE said...

one day at a time, that's what I always say.