It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 24, Book 14


If you’re feeling low, don’t despair. The sun has a sinking spell every night, but comes back up every morning.

 Dolly Parton

I do love watching the sun rise and do so most every morning.  Some mornings are brighter than others.  The sun doesn’t shine every day but it does come up.  I’m constantly amazed that no matter what happens or doesn’t happen as the case may be…some things never change.  

I’m thankful for those constants in my life that encourage me each day.  I’m reminded that hope gets lost but never dies. There's always a new chance tomorrow.

The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there. 

Monica Baldwin

8 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Sunrises are glorious. And you are right the possibilities are endless every morning for the rest of the day.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

I love seeing the sunrise and the sunset. I love being at home in the mornings now to watch the sun come up and my back patio faces directly east with a big open pasture. For so many years I was on the highway on my long trek to work as the sun came up. It was still a beautiful way to start my day even then :)

betty said...

I like the Dolly Parton quote. It is reassuring that the sun does come up every day, even if it is behind clouds :)

May you have a great restful Sunday, Ma!

betty

Rose said...

I'm never up early enough to view the sunrise anymore due to my chronic insomnia.

When I was young, I remember how my mother's kitchen would glow with the morning sun shining in the windows!

Mevely317 said...

Facing the new week - not without a little dread - this is a great morale booster!

jack69 said...

Ah yes, That sun does come up ever day and I am glad to know I am alive to see it.

Even if all it does is 'Roll around Heave All DAy!' SMILE!

Love from a sunny day here on the Potomic.

Elizabeth said...

Love the quotes!

Scrappy quilter said...

Love sunrises too however my favorite are sunsets.