It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 18, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 18, Book 14



Life is like a slice of watermelon, never without seeds, but sweet till the bitter end



We often hear people talk about their slice of life.  My slice probably differs from your slice.  It may be smaller or larger, sweeter or just down and out sour.   We all experience life differently.

I think it’s a good thing to enjoy life, one slice at a time.  I like to nibble on each slice and savor the flavor.

Remember:   No matter how you slice it, it’s up to you whether your life will be bitter or sweet

Nothing shouts out summertime like watermelon.  I always anticipate the sweet and refreshing fruit. Somehow life always reminds me that things will never always be perfect or even sweet every second. Thankfully, my favorite part of the melon slice is the end,  where the pink goodness meets the bitter rind. 


4 comments:

jack69 said...

Now you are talking... On long trips my daddy would stop and buy a watermelon from a road side stand and later we would eat it.
I like a beautiful BIG slice of life, like Watermelon. I am one of the odd guys, I probably eat half the seeds in my slice. I hope I do the same in life.
THANKS (I had my first taste of watermelon this year yesterday!)

Scrappy quilter said...

I enjoy life to the fullest

betty said...

So true each one of us would have a different slice of life, but like watermelon, no matter what our slice, we should learn to savor it so very much indeed! Watermelon is always so refreshing on a hot summer day!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Love this analogy. We should all make the most out of our slice of life.