It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 17, Book 14


Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through.  

Anthony Burgess

It’s Sunday!  I made it through Saturday !  One of my favorite sayings is:  This too shall pass.  We all have had gray days that we have to get through.  But nothing in life ever stays the same.  So for me a gray day will pass, I will get through it.

Gray skies are just clouds passing over. 

Author Unknown

Somehow we survive even the darkest of moments and even though it seems impossible, life does go on.

Our part of the country is known for its lack of sunshine.  We have a lot more gray days than sunny ones.  I think that is why we get so excited over just a little bit of sunshine.    We all feel so much better when we get it that it makes one want to celebrate !

A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition. 

William Arthur Ward

Keeping a sunny disposition is not an easy job at all.  With so much doom and gloom going around, I often feel like it’s a real challenge just to have a happy thought. But I realize that sooner or later the sun is going to shine.  The clouds will blow away.  It will be a better day!

A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all — he's walking on them. 

Leonard Louis Levinson

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Ahhh the blog entry of the optimist, without which some would never brighten up.
There are folks who cannot see the brighter side until it is pointed out.
We are all glad that the author of this blog ALWAYS puts a foot forward to do that.
Love from the BUSY Poconos

Rose said...

I also agree with our blogger friend, Jack.

Yes, you are the optimist and enjoy every one of your posts as they brighten up my day even when it is grey!

Huggggggggggggggggs

betty said...

I'm glad you are an optimist, Ma; I tend to be the opposite; its refreshing to come here and always get a bright spot and cheery thoughts!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Like the last quote on your post. And I too always say, "This too shall pass."