It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 13, Book 14



 Life is like a cobweb, not an organization chart. 

H. Ross Perot

Cobwebs symbolize those areas, usually corners of our lives that we’ve gotten comfortable with, that we don’t give a critical eye to. If you look up cobwebs in the dictionary, you’ll also find that there are any number of negative associations: flimsy, insubstantial, a network of plot or intrigue, confusion, indistinctness, lack of order. I don’t know about you, but none of these are what I want in my life.

On windy days I often say, maybe this wind will blow the cobwebs out of my head. The cobwebs that have gathered in the corner of my mind.   Cobwebs to me represent something trapped and needs to be set free.

Sometimes an emotional web forms in our minds that attracts and keeps all kinds of negative emotions in its grip.  The more a person fights out of sheer frustration, trying to get rid of them, the more entangled they become with their problems, and it feels as though there is no way out.

Often we make the smallest of trials into such a heavy, burdensome trial.  We allow cobweb troubles to cling to us like a chain.

There are times that I wake up in the morning and my head feels like it is full of cobwebs and a good cup of coffee seems to clear them out…other times my whole day is web filled and those days I try to as little as possible.  I know that till the wind blows them out of my head, little will get done the way it is supposed to.

They say that the best option of how to get rid of cobwebs is vacuuming and dusting regularly in all the hard to reach corners.  So that means I need to clear out those in my head regularly too.

There is a Spanish proverb that says, Habits are first cobwebs, then cables.  Maybe I need to remember that and not let those webs hang around long enough to be come a habit.  I need to do some regular cleaning out of those thoughts I no longer want hanging around.  

Humankind has not woven the web of life.  We are but one thread within it.  Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.  All things are bound together.  All things connect.  

Chief Seattle,

3 comments:

betty said...

I like that quote that life is like cobwebs, not an organization chart. Each cobweb is different, so each day of our lives we should expect to be different and not be surprised when things upset our usual routines. I too have cobwebs in my head so days Ma; I'm going to have to work on the imagery to blow them out of my head :)

Enjoy the day!

betty

jack69 said...

You said: Often we make the smallest of trials into such a heavy, burdensome trial. We allow cobweb troubles to cling to us like a chain.

Ain't it the truth!
Good read. I like Betty's comment also..

TARYTERRE said...

My life is full of cobwebs. Everytime I clear them out more appear.