It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, August 01, 2014

Chapter 8, Page 1, Book 14



Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.

Albert Einstein

You need balance. If you lean too far to one side, you'll fall off.
Keeping things in balance isn’t always easy, but I like to think that it’s the beauty of nature that often helps me to do just that.  I need only look to nature for assurance that there is a time for every matter under heaven.  In the summer, leaves do not rush to turn to gold and fruit does not hurry to fall from the tree. Nature is in concert with the rhythm of life.

Nature reminds me to calm down and lighten up! Laugh more and worry less. Stop ruining today worrying about yesterday or tomorrow, neither of which we can do anything about. We need to stop wasting our precious now, because it will never come again.

 A bike helps you get to where you need to go.

Some people ride bikes just for the thrill of it. And some people believe that life is just for the thrills. They don't realize they have places to get to.  A bike is a tool,  it's not the end goal. You're supposed to get to someplace with your life. Be clear on your destination, and if you use it well, you can really get far!

The important thing is that you enjoy the ride, and you get to where you need to go!

Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. 

Charles Schulz

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

As always love your daily posts. Hope all is well with you. I am blogging again so will be around more. Are you camping a lot this summer

jack69 said...

Some good facts here. That Shultz made a wise observation.

Oh I remember my sister teaching me to ride, HOW DO I STOP THIS THING?

some times I feel like that about life, but it works its way out.
Balance is the KEY, you are so right!

betty said...

I like this description of life like a bike, Ma; we need to keep moving if we indeed are going to have balance!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the Albert Einstein quote. So true.