It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 21, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 21, Book 14


Life Is Like A Roller Coaster. Throw Your Hands Up And Enjoy The Ride

Just like a roller coaster is designed with hills up and down, and sudden turns, the same goes for our lives. Life has its ups and downs...but it's your choice to either scream or enjoy it.  It doesn't matter how up and down, fun or frightening, suspenseful, thrilling, sickening, or costly life's ride might be, when it comes to a stop... most people will beg, like a child leaving a roller coaster, to be given JUST ONE MORE minute of it.

 Everyday can bring new challenges, new peaks and new valleys.  We stand in line to start our day, just like we stand in line to ride a rollercoaster. When the day is over we end up, pretty much in the same place we started, just like when we get off a roller coaster.  The thing is that we get to enjoy the ride in between.

When something bad is happening and I just want to get off,  I remember that it won’t stay bad forever because I’m on the amazing ride called life.  Don’t fight it, ride it.   If I make a decision to enjoy the ride regardless of how I feel, in other words, whether I like it or not, I seem to enjoy it. Time seems to pass much more quickly and life doesn't seem so bad after all.

like this world, with all of the ups and downs of the rollercoaster, it is right where I am supposed to be.  As I ride, I can't stop smiling, and find myself laughing spontaneously, while I raise my hands in the air, feeling the rush through my body as it goes up and down.  I accept the ups and downs, and love the anticipation of what's next, the excitement about the unknown and the overall giving of myself to the experience. Saying ‘yes' to life is like going on the biggest roller coaster ride of life 

Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life

3 comments:

betty said...

While I am not fond of roller coasters, I do like life being described as one. I like your thoughts "don't figh it, ride it". So true even the bad times come to an end, like the end of a scary ride and we look back and see although the ride was a tough one, it was still part of the wonderfulness of our lives :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Roller coaster rides make my head spin and I get sick to my stomach. But I like your analogy anyway. If only I could throw my hands up in the air and enjoy the ride, life would be more enjoyable.

jack69 said...

Okay, this is where I get off. (smile) Last year Sherry talked me into riding a carnival ride with a friend who needed a buddy. OUCH never again I thought it would never end (HA!)

But Yeah, I remember when the roller coaster and all the rest were FUN to the max.
I love life, when I see it that way.
Neat entry.