It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 9, Book 14



The past is supposed to be a guidepost, not a hitching post.

 It’s easy to become tied to memories of the good old days instead of using our experiences to find direction for the road ahead. 

Life is like a journey we take and our experiences are those, bumps and ruts along the way.  They way being our destination.  

The journey is filled with lessons, hardships, heartaches, joys, celebrations and special moments that will ultimately lead us to our destination, our purpose in life. The road will not always be smooth. In fact, throughout my life I've encounter many challenges.

I feel that the  people that we meet on our journey, are people that we are destined to meet. Everybody comes into our lives for some reason or another and we don't always know their purpose until it is too late. They all play some kind of role. Some may stay for a lifetime; others may only stay for a short while. 

Life is like a road. It has bumps, cracks and obstacles, but in the end, it gets you somewhere.  When you hit that unexpected bump in the road, remember that it is only a bump, not a mountain. Go over it or around it but make sure you keep going

 The dips and curves in life can only make us stronger, more determined to succeed.  When we get caught up in wondering or worrying where we are going or how long it is taking, we don't enjoy the ride.  We can enjoy it if we remember to live one day at a time and trust the good Lord to take care of us.  Enjoy the ride and pull over from time to time to rest and enjoy God's panoramic view. There are many blessings along the way and that final destination will be worth it all 

4 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

That very act of "keeping going" is, I think, the real goal of living. What I've found as I go along is that people change--I know I do! And I've found that when I meet people that may have caused me pain or trouble years ago, I find that they are so very different! And isn't that a blessing--because it gives me hope that I've improved along the way also!

jack69 said...

I love the comparisons, I feel the same. I wanted to stop by before he head for Pennsylvania. We had a good night with one thunderstorm, but then cleared so we could walk and get an ice cream together. This is one of life's smooth spots for us.
What a great entry to start a trip on...

betty said...

I like how you expressed this, Ma, with life is like a journey we take, etc. That is so true! I too think the people God puts in our paths are the ones he wants us to interact with and we might never know the reason why this side of heaven. Very wise thoughts today!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

you're right. The road you are traveling always leads somewhere, good or bad and we have to make the best of it.