It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 6, Book 14


I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about. 

Henry Ford

Worry is like holding a tall glass of water, the longer we hold it, the heavier it feels. The longer I worry about something, the more my fears weigh me down.   


Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. 

Leo Buscaglia

I used to be a worrier.  I’d worry over the things I could do absolutely nothing about.  I learned the hard way though that worry only stole the joys I could have been experiencing had I not wasted the time away worrying.  Like Henry Ford I’ve come to believe that God is in control.  There is nothing that my worrying is going to help.  


Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life 

Matthew 6:27

We are not the managers of the universe, God is.  About the only thing I can control is my attitude toward whatever happens.  That is not to say I don’t have concerns.  But those concerns are now placed in the hands of One who can do something about them. I’d be very brazen to think I could possibly to do a better job of handling things.

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe. 

Author Unknown

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Hey sweet lady, this is good advice and a very good entry. BUT WHY is is so hard NOT TO WORRY?
It seems sometimes I look for something to worry about until I stop and think, what good am I doing?
Good one here.

betty said...

I am a worrier, but I try not to be and try to trust in God, but it is a struggle on a daily basis, even though I know God's in control and why should I worry. I hope to get to the place you are at, Ma, in your life and not worry as much as I do. Great thoughts about it!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I admit that I worry. It is a hard habit to break.