It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 5, Book 14


A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bones

Proverbs 17:22

WITH A BRIGHT OUTLOOK. LIFE IS GOOD.

 I had the summertime blues the other day.  Every now and then we all have a bad day.  I was bemoaning the fact that I had to sit inside just to be comfortable on a hot steamy day and thinking how nice it would be to at the beach instead.

Just about that time, it started to rain and since the rain cools things down I headed out to the front porch.  I sat out there for a good long time and before I knew it, the sun popped out and I was feeling refreshed and renewed once more.  I really don’t think I could have felt better if I had spent the day at the beach.

On any given day, the sky may be filled with clouds instead of sunshine, but we get decide whether to name the weather good or bad.  Even if clouds are in the way, remember that the sun is always shining!

Look for the good in life, even when it is hidden.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

5 comments:

betty said...

That is a great quote, Ma, and so true that behind the clouds is the sun. I think it is easy sometimes to wish we were some place else, especially if the weather was preventing us from maybe doing something we would rather be doing, like working in your yard or enjoying your porch.

betty

peggy said...

I hope you are having the beautiful weather like we are. Sitting on the porch is a cure all

jack69 said...

I love Proverbs in the Old Testament. You write a good proverb your own self lady. Good points. and I do like to read Henry W Longfellow, one of my favorites.

TARYTERRE said...

I know the feeling. Those summertime blues. But it passes. Next time you are missing the beach, close your eyes and spritz a little water on your face. Then drink a glass of lemonade. You'll feel better in no time.

Hollie said...

Glad your day got better!! It's been cooler her in the mid 80s with low humidity!! It's been so wonderful, but the Heat and HUMIDITY returns next week! :( I will be thinking Fall then!!