It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 30, Book 14



Life is like a landscape. You live in the midst of it but can describe it only from the vantage point of distance.

 Charles Lindbergh

I’ve had the chance to see the view of Ohio from an airplane and it does allow you to see the scape of things for sure.  You can see the gentle hills, the deep valleys the flat lands and the shores of the lake too.  From a distance we see  order and design. What a difference a change in perspective makes !

I like to think of the landscape not as a fixed place but as a path that is unwinding before my eyes, under my feet. To see and know a place is a contemplative act. It means emptying our minds and letting what is there, in all its mulitplicity and endless variety, come in.

Gretel Ehrlich, author

 Just like a land scape,  some people see only a tiny part of what our lives look like. But with a wider view they can see what makes us who we are.  In my tiny corner of the world life may not seem very exciting, but when you take in the whole of what it consists of, that is what makes it wonderful.  

We are a landscape of all we have seen.

Isamu Noguchi, sculptor and designer of gardens


 Life is like a landscape – ever changing

4 comments:

linda m said...

I sure could use a different perspective of life. I am in a real rut right now. Guess I'll go find me some "rose colored glasses" and put them on for a while. Haha. What I really need is to trust more in God's plan for my life. Blessings

jack69 said...

You said a truth about folks only see a part of our lives. And we are the same.

Amazing when you can know the whole story of a certain life, it does change your perception.

Good one!

TARYTERRE said...

perspective is everything in this game of life.

betty said...

I do like the description of life as a landscape. Good thing too about landscape you can change some of it around, just like you can with your life if something is not going well :)

betty