It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 26, Book 14


Mirror, mirror on the wall


Mirror, mirror on the wall
Do you have to tell it all?

Where do you get the glaring right
To make my clothes look just too tight?

I think I'm fine but I can see
you won't cooperate with me;

The way you let the shadows play
You'd think my hair was getting gray

What's that, you say? A double chin?
No, that's the way the light comes in;

If you persist in peering so
You'll confiscate my facial glow,

And then if you're not hanging straight
You'll tell me next I'm gaining weight;

I'm really quite upset with you
For giving this distorted view;

I hate you being smug and wise
O, look what's happened to my thighs!

I warn you now, O mirrored wall,
Since we're not on speaking terms at all,

If I look like this in my new jeans
You'll find yourself in smithereens!!

Author Unknown



Do not let yesterdays disappointments overshadow on tomorrows dreams, because your life is like a mirror, if you keep smiling it smiles right back to you.

Have you laughed yet today? For most of us laughter doesn’t come very often, yet the magic it performs on our well being can’t be denied. It helps you enjoy friends and family. It diffuses stressful situations and it allows you the opportunity to keep things in perspective

Mirrors show us what we look like and for me looking in the mirror is often like looking at a stranger.  I don’t always like what I see, but one thing I’ve learned is that when I smile, the image does smile back.

When we smile at life, even when it’s not so good, I think we are showing our best side.  The side of us where hope lives and where nothing is so terrible that we can’t find our way through it with a little help from our good Lord.  

Time moves on and  believing that this too will pass and there will be better times coming is a way of life for me.  I am not denying that bad things can happen, but with a little perspective, we can see our way through it all.


Remember:

Trust is like a mirror you can fix it if broken but still see the cracks in that reflection 

Don't waste your time looking back on what you've lost.  Our relationships with people are like mirrors. During the good times, what we see is clear. We see one clear picture. But once the relationships starts to crack, it cracks. Sometimes it is just a little piece that breaks off and sometimes the whole thing falls to pieces. When it breaks we can try fix it but it’s never going to be the same. As hard as we try to make it like it was before it is never going to be like that. We are always going to remember what happened that caused it to break. Once a lie was told, the trust is broken. Once you are replaced, there is no turning back. Once words are spoken, they are out there for the world to hear and you can’t take them back.

It’s true that we can always find another mirror or another person and unfortunately we live in a world where we just replace. There are times, however. when we need to fix things, sometimes something new can’t always replace the thing we have lost or broken. Once something has broken it will never be the same. The past is the past for a reason but every piece of the mirror has a story and we need to remember that. Those stories once made us laugh and smile and they hold some of our saddest tears and most scariest fears. Sometimes the put back together mirror is better than no mirror at all.

Mirrors are like life…in many different ways.  When I look into my mirror today I want to see a +++BIG SMILE+++ looking back at me.  I hope you all do too.


5 comments:

Rose said...

Laughter is so important.

I was watching the Mark Twain Awards last night awarding Tina Fey. I was laughing my head off. Felt good to laugh that hard.

jack69 said...

"You'll find yourself in smithereens!!" Yeah for years folks have made the mistake of blaming the messenger...

I sure like all the thoughts expressed, especially the idea o many things need to be 'fixed' NOT REPLACED. Very insightful.

Love ya. Rain coming to Maine, leaving Monday! Hope your day is great.

Mevely317 said...

Well, all the glaring at my image - sticking my tongue out, too - hasn't gotten me anywhere. (One stinkin' piece of pizza last night and gained 2 pounds!)

I'd better go smile at myself in the looking glass right now! Who knows but I might crack myself up?!

TARYTERRE said...

Love the comment you made about mirrors... "I don’t always like what I see, but one thing I’ve learned is that when I smile, the image does smile back."

betty said...

That was a cute poem about the mirror; it really does tell the truth with what it sees; we can't hide our imperfections from it, but I do agree about smiling into it, especially at the start of a new day.

betty