It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 16, Book 14




LIFE IS…


Life is like an ocean. It can be calm and still or rough and rigid. But in the end it’s always beautiful.

Unknown

Learn to ride the waves…  Life in many ways can be a series of hard hitting, unsuspecting waves of challenges, problems and worries. We could be swimming in the calm part of the ocean to be struck by waves that push us to places we didn’t want to go. Waves that are unsuspecting, that bring heavy burdens and too fast for us to cope with.  Waves will try to knock you down and push you back to where you started but once you fight through them, the entire ocean is yours.  You can be like the ocean wave always leaping back up after falling.

We can cope with life the same way we cope with waves. We have to accept that waves, big and small will come our way. We can’t control the size, frequency and dangerousness of the waves but we can control how we respond to the problems and challenges life washes over us. Life will happen to us like it or not, we have no control over that.  Sometimes it's stormy, choppy, and a complete mess, other times it's calm and perfect.  We only can control how we respond to life.   Have faith, be strong and courageous and you can rise again like the ocean tide and the ocean waves. 

All of the unknowns that the ocean provides it is similar to our own unknowns of our lives. Allowing the opportunity for us to expand and see so many new experiences. Experiences that will help us to grow and stretch as the waves grow and stretch across the ocean. 

Life is kind of like the ocean. You can see how it starts, but not the way it ends

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I am trying to compartmentalize these entries. Some of my fondest memories are 'At Sea'. I am a lover of the ocean. I have seen it flat as glass and 70 ft waves and loved it both ways. i never thought of life's comparison, I had no problem handling the physical waves, but the mental waves are different for me. Now I am going to do a little more thinking. THANKS lady.
The title picture also made me think of 'Love Letters in the Sand'.

betty said...

I like that last quote about life, we see how it begins, but not the way it ends, just like the ocean. Very good analogy. I like the thought of life is like an ocean; always changing, but still beautiful in the end.

betty

Barb Pinion said...

I like that quote about life too. What I enjoy about your writings is their simplicity. You string your words in such an uncomplicated manner, which makes for a pleasant, easy read. Thank you for all the knowledge and love you insert into your posts.
Love you much.
Have an awesome day Ma.

Carol Z said...

I love the ocean and the waves, and I've been knocked down more than I can count. I'm much more careful now -- it's a lot harder to get up than it was -- but without a wave or two life wouldn't be as much fun.

TARYTERRE said...

I like the idea that life is like the ocean and we need to learn how to ride the waves.