It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 14, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 14, Book 14




LIFE IS….

Life is like a piano: the white keys represent happiness, the black keys show sadness. But as you go through life’s journey, remember that the black keys make music too…

Remember both keys are played together to give Sweet music to life..   There are often times I need to remember that everything that has happened in my life, both good and bad,  have led me to now. Those times have led me to who I am and where I am. And I love where I am.

You control what happens in your life by your attitude. You take it as it comes up and go with it. Sometimes you play it well and it all works. Other times you find you need some more practice. The trick is not to judge that you need more practice and go with it. The practice part is fun, that is living. Sometimes it feels that you’ll never get it right, even after many years of practice.  

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.  Good music cleanses and makes our spirits shine.

Berthold Auerbach

 Every time you do something it is a different experience so there is no right way. What matters is how you experience it.  Playing a piano can represent perseverance when you hang in there and practice every day.  

Life is like a piano. It needs the master’s touch.

So very often when I hear someone play piano, it does seem as if it touches my heart and soul.  The chords blend together to make some beautiful music.  Just like all the pieces of my life have blended together to make for a wonderful life.

Some one once said that life is what you make it…I’ve found that to be true.  It is also true that:


Life is like a piano. What you get depends on how you play it.

 Tom Lehrer



4 comments:

jack69 said...

Neat. Yes, one of life's pleasures is hearing a Master touch the keys, and yes, so is life.
THANKS
We leave in a few minutes for NY. It should be a nice traveling day looks overcast.
Hope you are well... you seem to be touching the right keys!(smile)

betty said...

If I played an instrument, I would have liked to play the piano. It is so pretty to listen to the music, I agree. I like life being described like a piano with the white and black keys; hadn't heard that analogy before :_

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I like this quote, "Good music cleanses and makes our spirits shine."

Donna said...

That's good stuff, right there.