It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 12, Book 14


Life is like a camera. Just focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t turn out – take another shot.

 Unknown

Much of how we feel in this life, regarding our state of happiness and life satisfaction, is determined by where we  focus our attention. While there are definitely real challenges and unexpected life events that test us all, we’re also a resilient and adaptable lot. So why is it that some people, no matter what dire circumstances confront them, seem to stay upbeat and positive? The answer has everything to do with what they choose to focus on.

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking - and looking. 

Brooks Atkinson, Once Around the Sun

 It is amazing what happens when you decide to focus on and enjoy what God gives us every day. It is easy to get so caught up in all your responsibilities that you forget to enjoy what you are doing. You can get so busy raising your children that you forget to enjoy them. You can get so caught up in cleaning your house, trying to pay for it, and remodeling it, that you forget to enjoy it.

When I keep my focus on every blessing that comes my way, like a friend’s message, a hug, a lesson, it makes me energized and empowers me to see what is important in life.

What the human eye observes causally and incuriously, the eye of the camera notes with relentless fidelity.

Berenice Abbott


4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Having endured a really stressful (work) week, this share is so soothing. While I can't do anything about others' behavior or how my boss treats me, I don't have to dwell on it.
Thanks for the reminder ... and have yourself a perfectly lovely weekend!

jack69 said...

I'm with Mev... I like the soothing entry on FOCUS! so true lady, now Imma gonna try!

Love from this beautiful country to yours. Great farm land both places...

betty said...

I like the first quote about life being like a camera. It is so true we got to focus our attention on what really matters since it is so easy to get side tracked if we don't. I tell young moms to try to not look ahead in what their kids will be doing and wanting them to be doing that, like walking, etc., but just enjoy the time they are in since it will go by quickly enough in the long run.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Love that opening quote. It is insightful, indeed.