It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Chapter 7, Page 10, Book 14


Life is either a great adventure or nothing.

Hellen Keller

In my blog post yesterday I mentioned that Life is like a journey.  Today I’m sharing some thoughts about how Life is an adventure.  Truth is that Life is compared to many things and I’m thinking that  in the days ahead I’ll use that topic, Life is like…, and see just how many comparisons there are.   I think it’ll be interesting to see how many different ones I can find.

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.

Jawaharlal Nehru

Just thinking about how adventurous life for little children, makes me realize that maybe I need to add a little more adventure to my life.  No path in life is safe, including boring ones, so we might as well pick an adventurous path.

More often than not, my adventures are to seek out the JOYs in life daily.  Not every day is a good one but some good to be found in every day.

I’ve noticed that when you give young children a present, they might play with the wrapping paper or the box it came in as much as the gift itself. Give a little boy a small fire engine, and he’ll imagine himself putting out a giant fire. Give a little girl a doll, and she’ll treat it as her own child. Children are also curious and imaginative, capable of intently focusing on the task at hand, especially when it comes to playtime! Thankfully I have plenty of opportunities to observe them. 

 Children have a tendency to keep things simple. They trust their parents. They believe everything their parents tell them. By contrast, we adults ask far too many questions. We like to think things through, weighing the pros and cons and examining every angle. While that’s usually a good thing, too much examination can make it hard for us to be trusting. This is especially true when it comes to faith.

There are many benefits we can all gain by behaving like a child because the more we connect to that child within ourselves, the more we're freed up for adventure, wherever we go. Don't be afraid to look ridiculous. Climb a tree or join a child in drawing on the sidewalk. Run through a lawn sprinkler. Life's too short to worry about what people think. They're probably thinking they'd like to join you, anyway.

One more thing I’ve discovered is that children love a good hug and so do I. So today, I’m sending some (((BIG HUGS))) out to all.  Hugs and smiles are two of the best things we can all give to each other and what adventure would be complete with out them.


Life life to the fullest and enjoy the adventure every day!  

3 comments:

linda m said...

There are days when I wish I was a little child again. Life seemed so much simpler back then. I didn't worry about anything but just trusted my parents to take are of me. I should be as a little child again and trust my Heavenly Father to take care of me. Oh the adventures I had as a child, making something out of bits and pieces. And hugs they are the best healer in the world. Remember how mom would give us a big hug and kiss when we got hurt - then we felt better. Blessings

betty said...

I like what you are going to do with the word life, Ma, and see how many words you can describe with it. Life truly is an adventure, indeed. It is always fun to see it too through the eyes of a child, like watching fireworks, and watching them as they are enjoying the show.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I'm not an adventurous person these days but I had a few when I was younger. Hope you find joy in all of yours.