It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 8, Book 14





What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll

Summertime and the livin’ is easy…

Although it is not officially summer yet, it seems like it here at my house.  Summertime is going to be my theme for the next few weeks as well as some tips for living easy.  There is joy in easy living.

Sights, Smells and Sounds of Summer Bring Happiness!

Remember the simply joy of a cooling spray from the hose on a humid summer day?  That is the kind of joy I’m talking about.  The simple pleasures all around us that are often free or don’t cost much at all.

When I was young, it meant late nights playing hide and seek after dark and catching fireflies.  I  want to tap back into the peace and pleasure that summertime brings.   

I am excited for this summer and hopefully you are too. We had to tough out the polar vortex this past winter for it, so these summer months should be a real gift. Allow yourself to smile with the sun, and play! 

It is the month of June,
The month of leaves and roses
When pleasant sights salute the eyes,
And pleasant scents the noses.

N.P. Willis

4 comments:

ADB said...

Have a great Sunday, and enjoy summer!

Hollie said...

I remember enjoying summer days like you are referring to! They were the BEST!!!

betty said...

It does seem whenever the kids end school, that is the start of summer, no matter if it correlates with the official day later in June; the kids got out of school last Friday, so I guess summer is here :)

I'm sure you will enjoy soaking up as much sun as you can over the next few months Ma!

betty

jack69 said...

Just thinking of the summer funof days past, you have already brought me a smile or two.
Sherry and I were just saying how much fun it was to run thru the spray when mama would turn it on to cool us off. Amazing what just a little imagination, could do.

Looking forward to the posts.