It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 06, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 6, Book 14


Blowing with the wind…

Life is much like the wind, in that it is not something one owns. The wind can't be contained. There's no such thing as wind in a box because the walls of the box will not let it blow. 

We are the wind...The wise Live. They flow. They know that all the answers are blowing in the Wind; they trust the Wind, and flow with it.

David Truman

Day 48 of 50:   Fly a kite to celebrate the wind of the Holy Spirit.

We are now very close to Pentecost Sunday.  It’s just a couple days away and soon this series of thoughts on the season of Easter will end.  The wind is often used to represent the Spirit and so a little reflection on the wind and a kite is appropriate right now.

Just as flying a kite is supposed to be a joyous occasion, so should our lives be marked by joy. In fact, joy is a fruit of the Spirit. People rarely fly a kite alone.  Instead, flying a kite is often done with children or others because their presence multiplies the joy!

When the wind is not blowing, we are often inclined give up the joyful task, or we run like crazy trying to make the kite fly on our own.  Sometimes we hold on tight, and sometimes we let the string glide through our hands to see what new heights we can reach. Isn’t that the way it is in life..

Sorry I couldn't find a picture of a kite today to include in the post but found these cute bears and an umbrella blowing in the wind.  



Today I’m thankful for:

1736. for donuts, they are very good with my morning coffee
1737.   for those like the Salvation Army that serve others
1738. for Friday, always a good day in my books


The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The Answer is blown' in the wind.

 Bob Dylan, in Blowin' in the Wind


3 comments:

betty said...

Its amazing that its almost Pentecost; the Easter season has flown by. I have enjoyed your series of keeping Easter alive Ma and have incorporated some of the suggestions you gave here.

I like the thought of flying a kite. Haven't in years, but you are right, we usually do fly them with someone. I remember as a youngster making our own kites and my brother and me flying them in our backyard.

betty

jack69 said...

I don't know one day from another sometimes. i can read it, think of it then all of a sudden something I thought was weeks or months off is HERE, I realize we have been on count down, but since we are visiting a new church where our grandsons will be singing, it just hit me they will be singing on Pentecost Sunday.

Oh and I do love the kite analogy. I loved kites as a kid, and could feel the tug on the string as I read that.
of course I remember 'Blowing in the Wind...

TARYTERRE said...

I love the analogy of a kite to that of life. So true.