It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 5, Book 14



The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. 

George Bernard Shaw


Day 47 of 50 :  Make Your Own Easter Garden

 I can't take credit for this idea and have never made one, but it sounds like a wonderful thing to do.  Really all gardens are like an Easter garden to me as they represent new life.

An Easter garden may be very simple or quite elaborate.  The simplest Easter gardens are made in a shallow pot or dish. The more elaborate gardens are grown outdoors and are  places to sit and and reflect or meditate. By cultivating  and maintaining an outdoor flower bed using plants that carry symbolic meaning during the Easter season they become focal points that aid us in remembrance.  A single stone or a mound of dirt can suggest the tomb, and flowers represent the resurrection.

Every year that I’ve received a lily for Easter I have planted the bulbs from it outdoors.  Right now the ones I planted in past years are up but are no where near blooming.  If I remember right they bloomed here in July last year.  The picture shows the one that bloomed last year.

Today I’m thankful for:

1733.  for our little Pumkin’, so fondly remembered on his birthday today
1734. for a balloon that brings back some happy memories
1735.  for another chance to say I love you!


You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. 

Author Unknown

3 comments:

betty said...

What a great idea with the Easter garden, Ma. A visible reminder of what Jesus did for us on the cross and his resurrection!

betty

jack69 said...

I have never heard of the Easter Garden, but lit is a great thought for those who are stationary. And I guess having a green thumb would not hurt.
My gem is your quote from Unknown:
****You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.
Author Unknown*****

What a witty thought!

TARYTERRE said...

A garden brings solace. A wonderful idea.