It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 4, Book 14


I Refuse To Be Discouraged


I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here's the reason why...

I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
and I am on His team.

He is all wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same.

My God knows all that's happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.

When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.

When circumstances threaten
to rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.

And when my heart melts within me,
and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.

The great I AM is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The Son of the Lord is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.

I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me,
as through this life I trod.

I'm looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love.

I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory is mine;
He'll help me win the race.

 Author Unknown 


Day 46 of 50: Spread your wings

The fear of the unknown can be very intimidating, daunting and at times debilitating. Ultimately, today is the only moment we have any control over, no matter what our goals are, no matter what we have our sights set on. We may be able to aid the outcome or hinder it, but so much is dependent upon how we take advantage of the bounty the world has to offer us each and every day.

If things look down and you are discouraged Remember you’ve no place left to go but up.  Find your wings. Give yourself permission to feel that freedom again and take your life back.
 Spread your wings, soak up all that life presents to you even if it doesn’t make sense at the time and trust that your continued efforts to live your best life on a daily basis 



The clearest view of everything that happens comes from heaven.

Today I’m thankful for:

1730.  for hope, we’d get no where without it
1731.  for my faith that renews my hope
1732.  for plenty to do, it keeps me out of trouble



Authentic happiness isn’t something
we can go out and get, buy, beg, borrow or steal,
it’s  only something we can be,
and it’s a choice we make with every breath we take.

Dennis Merritt Jones

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

You brought a smile to my face when you mentioned, you were thankful for plenty to do, because it keeps you out of trouble. Me too.

betty said...

I really enjoyed the poem you shared today, Ma. I copied it out to send to someone who needs a bit of encouragement. I like the idea to spread one's wings, even if we are where we feel we are at the bottom of something; you are right, the only way out is up!

betty

jack69 said...

Funny, I felt the same as Betty. In the poem, this stuck out, not exactly my GEM but this caught my attention:
The battle's His, the victory is mine;
He'll help me win the race.***

How cool is that. I love the way that is worded.