It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 30, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 14


Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you

William Arthur Ward


Your smile could be a message of cheer from God to a needy soul.

Optimum health is nourished with nutritious food and drink, plenty of exercise, and time for renewal and rest. Such care and attention feels good in the moment and pays dividends for years to come.

I read about a study that concluded that smiling can be good for your health. Research shows that smiling slows down the heart and reduces stress.

But smiling isn’t just good for you; a genuine smile blesses those on the receiving end as well. Without saying a word, it can tell others that you like them and that you are pleased with them. A smile can hug someone with love without giving them even the slightest touch.

Life does not always give us a reason to smile. But when we see a heartfelt smile on a child’s face or through aged wrinkles, our hearts are encouraged.


We all have the means to bestow on others the most lavish gifts; love, joy, peace, hope, kindness, acceptance, encouragement, laughter, forgiveness, time. There is not enough money to buy them and not too little money to give them. The more you spend, the wealthier you become; yet nothing will cost you more than what you freely possess to give

Eden Elliott

4 comments:

betty said...

That is a great quote form Eden Elliott. Lots of good advice/wisdom in it, Ma. So true about the power of a smile, and who can resist watching little ones as they smile, especially when they are genuinely happy about something.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I love your quote, MA. "A smile can hug someone with love without giving them even the slightest touch."

jack69 said...

I'm with Betty. You know she is very insightful and sometimes I feel like I am in church and read her comments and say "AMEN". This is one of those times.
But this was special:

Your smile could be a message of cheer from God to a needy soul.

THANKS

linda m said...

A smile is worth a thousand words. Blessings