It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 3, Book 14


Train Of Life


Some folks ride the train of life
Looking out the rear,
Watching miles of life roll by,
And marking every year.

They sit in sad remembrance,
Of wasted days gone by,
And curse their life for what it was,
And hang their head and cry.

But I don't concern myself with that,
I took a different vent,
I look forward to what life holds,
And not what has been spent.

So strap me to the engine,
As securely as I can be,
I want to be out on the front,
To see what I can see.

I want to feel the winds of change,
Blowing in my face,
I want to see what life unfolds,
As I move from place to place.

I want to see what's coming up,
Not looking at the past,
Life's too short for yesterdays,
It moves along too fast.

So if the ride gets bumpy,
While you are looking back,
Go up front, and you may find,
Your life has jumped the track.

It's all right to remember,
That's part of history,
But up front's where it's happening,
There's so much mystery.

The enjoyment of living,
Is not where we have been,
It's looking ever forward,
To another year and ten.

It's searching all the byways,
Never should you refrain,
For if you want to live your life,
You gotta drive the train.

Author Unknown



Day 45 of 50. Savor this life that’s been given to you.

Mindfulness is a word we hear a lot about today. It puts the focus on the present moment. It is becoming aware of what we are doing while we are doing it. It puts emphasis on appreciating the gift of the present moment. When we are mindful, finding God in the present moment becomes so much easier too

We need to remember that good moments pass quickly, and we have to consciously relish those moments as they come.  As I’ve gotten older and the reality of life’s fleeting nature has smacked me hard in the face, I’ve begun to see each day, each moment as a golden opportunity for enjoyment, happiness, and love.  There are so many things in this big world to enjoy, more than we could ever experience in one lifetime. 

Be quick to forgive and quick to forget. Holding grudges and nurturing old wounds is unhealthy and makes you unhappy and is a complete waste of our precious time.  Life moves at the speed of light so savor all the good things life has to offer.

Love never fails. When love is given, love is returned in untold ways. I love and appreciate the many people who bless my life.

 Today I’m thankful for:

1727.  for being able to share with friends and family
1728.  for my porch, a good place to be on a rainy but warm day
1729. for lessons learned


Seize every second of your life and savor it. Value your present moments. Using them up in any self-defeating ways means you’ve lost them forever.

Wayne Dyer


4 comments:

jack69 said...

WE cannot be told or advised too many times, holding grudges and not being forgiving can be a weight and drag us to the bottom of LIFE!

jack69 said...

PS: I have always wanted to drive the old steam engines.... I loved to smell the train smoke as they passed.

betty said...

I like that Train of Life poem. So true Ma to not hold grudges and to forgive and to always love, because you are right, love always wins; it never fails!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that poem. Inspirational, indeed.