It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 28, Book 14



Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be

Grandma Moses


The rest of summer, the rest of my life

To count my blessings every day


Count your blessings, everyone of them.  Count  and relish all your big and small blessings

I know from experience that the simple and powerful practice of counting your blessings can change your life. And the good news is that any one can do it.  The more grateful you feel the happier you will feel, and the faster your life will change. When  you Count Your Blessings every day, you will notice a bigger and bigger difference in the way you feel each time, and you will see your blessings magically multiply!


Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles.

Maltbie D. Babcock

We tend to take so much for granted in our life that it’s amazing how many blessings we have that we are unaware of until we stop to take time to count them. Most people will notice what goes wrong more often than what goes right. Count your blessings…sometimes we forget how many we have. Today is a good day to remember. It’s good to think about why your thankful for something too.  

Acknowledging your blessings keeps you from taking things for granted.  It keeps you in a positive frame of mind. Keeps you truly humble in a reverential way and keeps your appreciation muscles flexed. You may want to write this memo in your daily planner:  Make every moment outstanding, Count your blessings!

I’ve pretty much covered all the items on my bucket list now so my thoughts for the days to come will be centering on what ever topic I might find of interest as I meander my way through the web each day or whatever new might be happening at my house.  

May your home always be too small to hold all your friends. And may the blessings of each day be the blessings you need most.   



When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
Willie Nelson



2 comments:

betty said...

I liked Willie Nelson's quote, Ma. So true to count our blessings. I keep saying it, but I really do need to count them more. Look forward to what your topics are in the days ahead, Ma!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

No question we should all be grateful for what we have. It's nice to have your bucket list in order.