It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 25, Book 14


He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.

Friedrich Nietzsche


The rest of summer, the rest of my life

To be positive and hope for good health 


You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you. In that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.

Brian Tracey

Getting older isn’t easy and all is not gold in the golden years.  Sometimes my life reminds me of the pesky fly that’s been flying around in my kitchen…every time I get the fly swatter out, it disappears.  I’m going to get that fly one of these days, I am…

Some days are good and some days are even better, but one thing I know, maybe two is that there is something good to be found in every day and every day is good day to have a good day!

As long as I can wake up in the morning and do what needs to be done it is truly a great day here at my house and I have to say I’m really grateful for each one.

There have been no great and colorful sunsets to be had here at my house this week.  It’s been cloudy most evenings so the pictures today are of what I’ve been seeing.

I’ve been sitting out on the porch or patio each evening till the sun sets so as to try and get a picture to share.  The porch is covered, the patio is not, so the weather determines where I’ll be sitting.  



Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!

Jillian Michaels

I do try to live a comfortable life.  I’m spoiled by all the creature comforts I do have, but that could change at any moment.  I think we have to realize that life isn’t always going to be good and prepare ourselves for what may come.

Just like having an emergency kit on hand, we need to be prepared for and accept what ever life brings.  There is no use worrying about it or trying to fight it.  It’s not the end of the world if you are a little uncomfortable. And when we dwell on the discomforts we have they only get worse.  

I’ve found that laughter is always the best medicine and love works miracles..  A home filled with laughter and love can overcome most anything.  When you are surrounded by happy and loving people you feel comfortable. 


May you live all the days of your life

Jonathan Swift

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Love the analogy you made about the fly and aging.

linda m said...

Great words of wisdom today . You really got me thinking about my life. Thank you for reminding me how good my life really is. Blessings

jack69 said...

I am with Taryterre here. Good comment. Now for me:
I’ve found that laughter is always the best medicine and love works miracles...............
Thanks for putting this in the entry. It hit home...

Love ya...

betty said...

Laughter truly is the best medicine indeed. It is always a good reminder, Ma, to take whatever life throws our way and try to do the best we can with it and try to find that silver lining, no matter what it may be.

betty

Barbara said...

Well they say you have to be brave to get old. Sometimes I am beginning to think that might be true!! As you say just getting up in the morning and be able to do what one has to do is a blessing compared with some.