It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 23, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 23, Book 14



I am seeking. I am striving.
I am in it with all my heart.

Vincent van Gogh

The rest of summer, the rest of my life...

To squeeze every ounce of JOY out of my life


Remember, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.

Matthew 6:21
While going through the pictures on my computer the other day I found myself remembering a lot of the good times my family and I have had in the past.  As we make our way on the journey of life, it is easy to forget places, people, and events that have been important to us along the way. Time passes, yesterday fades, and we become obsessed with the concerns of the moment.  Remembrance is more needed when the heartaches of life crowd in on us. When we are feeling overwhelmed and forgotten, it’s important to recall all blessings we have enjoyed and be thankful for them.

When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.

Dale Carnegie

But we should never get so tied up with past as we forget to enjoy today.  Today is our opportunity to make a whole lot of new and happy experiences.  I couldn’t quite decide on what pictures to use with this post so I wound up using lemons and lemonade.  Just like squeezing juice out of lemon, we need to squeeze out the joy of each day so we can make the most of it.  


Our happiness is certainly mixed in with the tragedies of life. You have to find the lemonade. You have to find the silver lining in the middle of everything that happens in life

Chandra Wilson

Practicing gratitude is one of my favorite instant happiness boosters.  Whenever I get down and out about what’s happening in my life, all I have to do is look back at my list of things I’m thankful for.  My 3 things for today are:

1787. for the color pink, it makes me happy
1788.  for beautiful pink flowers
1789. for a pink shirt and capris to wear today, it’s PINK Day.

I love to keep track of holidays to celebrate.  There are many official and unofficial ones on the calendar.  All of life is a celebration in itself.  We just need to remember that and make the best of it.



Happiness is a tall glass of lemonade on a hot day!


4 comments:

linda m said...

I loved the phrase you said "Just like squeezing juice out of lemon, we need to squeeze out the joy of each day so we can make the most of it." That is so true. The other good phrase is "When life hands you lemons make lemonade" Thank you for the reminder. Blessings

betty said...

I too like your thought of squeezing juice out of lemon, we need to squeeze joy out of each day. That is a good visual picture to keep with us during the days, especially on the hard days when nothing seems to go right.

betty

JeanJournal said...

((((( When life hands you lemons ~ make lemonade is a good idea every day and that turns off the rain and HERE COMES THE SUNSHINE!~~~wishing you a happy day~~~ JeanJournal )))))

TARYTERRE said...

That pitcher of lemonade looks delicious. I just sat down with a mason jar full of water with some lemons. Nothing more refreshing on a hot day. Enjoy your lemonade.