It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 22, Book 14


Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory

Betty Smith


The rest of summer, the rest of my life...


To see everything as if for the first time


Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. 

Henry Ford 

I’m taking each item on my bucket list, the list of things to do before I kick the bucket or before summer ends,  and sharing a few thoughts for the next few days here on my blog.  Today I’m trying to see everything as if it were for the very first time.  Our eyes are a blessing and too often we take them for granted.  I can remember my mom saying that she always noticed peoples eyes first, I always notice their smiles and sometimes our eyes do smile.


Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.

 H. Jackson Brown


Did you know that dozens of diseases that affect the body can be initially diagnosed by an in depth eye examination? Diabetes, sickle-cell anemia, juvenile arthritis, and brain tumors are just a few. Just as our eyes can be windows to our bodies’ health, so too can our eyes be indicators of our spiritual health

When I consider the spiritual health of my own eyes, I think about the things that my eyes focus on and how my heart responds to what I’ve seen. For instance, do I look at beautiful homes and expensive cars with envy? Do I look at homeless people with fear or disgust?


When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch. 

Author unknown

I want to take a closer look at everything I see, to pay attention to the things that really matter in life.  Life is all about prioritizing the things that matter most in your life and focusing your efforts in these areas. Today I’m going to concentrate on the beauty of God’s design.  Beautiful clouds and sunsets inspire praise for the Creator who forms them right outside my door.  


He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Ecclesiastics 3:11

You just can’t observe nature and God’s design and not find yourself changed with the perspective they give you.  After almost losing my rose bush due to our harsh winter, it now has buds forming once again.  It’s resilience  reminds me to hang in there and  to bloom where I am planted.  I want to  breathe the fresh air, bask in the warmth of the sun, and enjoy the beauty of this day.


Life is a leisurely walk you take each day seeing all the wonder and beauty around you. Life isn't some tightrope balancing act where you must be perfect or lose everything. Life is a joyful stroll down some old railroad tracks where if you fall off you just smile, laugh and jump right back on. Life isn't some worrisome counting of every penny you make. Life is smelling flowers, smiling at sunrises, playing with laughing children, and collecting priceless memories. Life isn't what happens to you. Life is rather the many wonderful choices that you make all through the day and all through your life. 

Joseph J. Mazzella

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Lots of wisdom in this entry!! I try to take the time to enjoy all the things around me....especially during my porch sitting.

jack69 said...

Great way to start sunday. Love Ecclesiastics and 3:11 is good stuff.
Thanks for a day opener and I am glad I got here early in the day..
Looks like a hot one here, but pretty, NO! Beautiful.

betty said...

I liked the picture of the sky, Ma, and your thoughts of looking at everything as it for the first time. I'm going to try that when we go out and take Koda for his car ride, look at things as if I am seeing them for the first time instead of more than a dozen times. Great advice!

betty

Dividend Family Guy said...

Hi Ma! This is one of your sons. Love your blog!

TARYTERRE said...

Love the last paragraph from Joseph J. Mazzella. BEAUTIFUL.