It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 02, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 2, Book 14

Our sweet little AB and our Cutie Patootie

Good Morning, God!

YOU are ushering in another day
Untouched and freshly new
So here I come to ask You , God
If you’ll renew me too,
Forgive the many errors 
That I made yesterday 
And let me try again, dear God,
To walk closer in THY WAY
But Father, I am well aware
I can’t make it on my own
So TAKE MY HAND and HOLD IT TIGHT
For I can’t WALK ALONE!

Helen Steiner Rice


Day 44 of 50: Peel back the corners of wonder.

In this journal of mine, my blog, I record the seemingly small things and as I write down the non events of my every day life, layer by layer I’ve found there is wonder all around me.   I do it so can look back and fall in love with it all over again.  

Quotes, pictures, reflections, ideas, words that mean something to me are written down and I share them, hoping that something will inspire others too.  The picture above is of two of my little granddaughters enjoying a roll on the blanket outside on Memorial Day.

Life can become a little hum drum if we don’t cultivate a sense of wonder, awe, and joy within our every day lives.  I try to remember those moments when the wonder of life touched my heart and soul.

It begins by keeping our eyes open, by being willing to stop in the middle of of what we call the important stuff to breathe in the little things. Many of my times of wonder have been connected to nature, even if it is right in my own back yard and it seems that spending more time in the natural world, even briefly, can profoundly brighten our days.  

Remember there is a new you every day.  Every morning when you wake up you are literally being born anew and afresh. Every day there are new things on your mind, people to meet, things to do and to see. Each day is a fresh start, a new chapter in your life, or in my case the chapters are the months and the pages are the days in my book of life.

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.

John Milton

Today I’m thankful for:

1724. for our own very special Bubba
1725.  for a restful Sunday afternoon yesterday
1726. for a Monday with Grand'ma’, I’m supposed to have our sweet little AB and our Cutie Patootie at my house today.


Peel back the layers of potential, of wonder.  

6 comments:

linda m said...

Enjoy your grandchildren today. Wish mine lived closer Blessings

jack69 said...

In your Blog I always look for 'My' gem. Today I must say it is:

"Life can become a little hum drum if we don’t cultivate a sense of wonder, awe, and joy within our every day lives."

THANKS!!!!

peggy said...

Little everyday things make a great journal. I hope you are having fun today, with children it is always.

betty said...

So cute the two little ones rolling around! So true, too, Ma to look around and see and celebrate the beauty, even in the small things, of things around us! I know I'm learning to keep my eyes opened for them in our adventures out and about.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Hey - those grands are sooooooo cute!

TARYTERRE said...

Those grandbabies are precious. Hope you had a wonderful day.