It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 17, Book 14


 I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. 

E.B. White


Summertime and the livin’ is easy…

3 Tips to Work Less and Enjoy Life More

My perfect summer day would be spent out in the country enjoying a picnic with family and friends.  Somehow that doesn’t happen very often, but I know from experience that if I want the time to do things like this,  I have to plan ahead.  

Tip #1: Always try to plan ahead.  I know that we all can make plans and those plans can change in an instant, but sometimes they do work out even though they were not quite what we expected.  Don’t wait. The key is to get out a calendar and schedule the things you really want to do.

Tip #2:  Relax more.  Consider setting aside one day a week to take a walk alone, just to relax and fill yourself up in another way. What could be more fun than true relaxation?

Tip #3:  Keep positive.  Your positive attitude will create a relaxed, happy mood in your house

The best things in life are free: This couldn’t be truer than when spending quality time with our loves ones. So get out and enjoy everything nature has to offer.The grass is greener, the days are longer, and the weather is warmer. The pressure is on! We need to hurry and make the most out of summer before the winter coats come back out.



Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment--this day--is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day--each moment of this day--a heaven on earth. This is my day of opportunity.

Dan Custer

3 comments:

linda m said...

Nothing can beat time spent with the people you love. Blessings

betty said...

I liked that quote of Dan Custer, Ma. So true that maybe you need to plan an event, but we need to continue to plan things and get out and enjoy this beautiful world indeed!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I think you are right. If you plan for an adventure, you are guaranteed it will happen. Otherwise it's just a dream.