It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 16, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 16, 2014



Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions.

Albert Einstein



Summertime and the livin’ is easy…

The power of imagination is an amazing gift from God.

 Summer: the season for cracking open a good book under the shade of a tree. ... Just fall into these pages and let your imagination do the rest. …

Your imagination may be the best gift of all. It's the source of your creative power. If there's a particular experience or object you want to bring into your life, the first thing you've got to do is visualize it. The practical actions you take to make your dreams always refer back to the pictures in your mind's eye. And so every goal you fulfill, begins as an inner vision. Your imagination is the catalyst with which you design your future. 

You can't depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus.

Mark Twain

When imagination and excitement are mixed together, you will either not notice obstacles or they will be largely diminished and, therefore, your courage will increase! By using your imagination, it can make your day much more exciting and interesting.

I often use my imagination and take a trip to the beach in my mind.  The beach is my favorite place to be and if I’m having a bad day,  I just close my eyes for a moment and take an imaginary trip to the beach.  It’s a way for me to relax.  I also love to read and believe me when I say there are a lot of books about beaches out there.  I’ve read a lot of them.  A book will take you places that you’d never dream possible.  

I actually got to go to the beach yesterday with my youngest son and his family and pictures today are of that trip.   Our beach is right on the shores of Lake Erie.  


Imagination is our ability
to see inwardly and picture
there that which has not
yet appeared outwardly.
Imagination is God's gift
to us.

Donald Curtis


3 comments:

Weekend-Windup said...

Imagination is a boost of everything. Nice time to spend in beach for summer holidays!

TARYTERRE said...

What a wonderful thing to imagine. A trip to the beach. It would be wonderful, indeed. LOVE the pictures to help visualize.

betty said...

Looks like a great Father's Day outing, Ma! Good place too to imagine yourself at during a period of stress or bad weather, etc.

betty