It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chapter 6, Page 10, Book 14



The blessings of the Lord make one rich

Proverbs 10:22




Unexpected blessings

Summertime and the livin’ is easy…

The petals on a flower, the gentle breeze blowing … just when you think you are too hot that unexpected breeze blows and you are suddenly refreshed.

There have already been few days here at my house that I’ve closed up the windows and doors and turned the a/c on here.
I put it off as long as I could,  but when the temp is 80 degrees inside and warmer outside and the humidity is high, I turned on the air conditioning.  I call it being comfortable.

More and more I tend to make myself as comfortable as possible.  I wear loose clothing and comfy shoes, I pretty much eat what I want and when I want to.  One time one of my sons called at dinner time and asked what I was eating.  I was enjoying some ice cream at the time.  It doesn’t matter to me if I eat dessert first.

When you are content with what you have, I think it makes you very comfortable.  And I have so many treasures in my everyday life that I do feel rich beyond measure.  Riches that have long lasting value and treasures some never will own.  They are unique to me as I’m sure they are too you.  Ones mans treasures are another man’s trash they say.  I’ve seen some that have so much but don’t appreciate it.  They always want more. 

I have enough…enough food to eat, clothes to wear,  and people to love.  I never want for anything that I truly need.  I have a home, a car and 2 TV’s.  I have more than enough to make me comfortable, but if the good Lord thinks I need more, I’ll take it with a thankful heart.  If not, I’m still very thankful.   There is always room for more.  One more grandchild to love, one more sun rise, one more sun set, one more flower to bloom, one more prayer to be said.  

The best gifts are the unexpected ones that are inspired by love for others…

The pictures today are of our little Lucky Guy and his dad.  They know how to enjoy a summer like day for sure!


We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. 

Thornton Wilder

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Your Lucky One is a handsome fella. LOVE that Thornton Wilder quote.

betty said...

Such cute pictures, Ma! They did seem to enjoy exploring that tree!

I like your attitude about being comfy and eating what you want when you want. Its good not to be schedule bound or rigid in what you eat or drink or how you spend your time, but enjoy it as you want to.

betty

jack69 said...

Contentment is grand. Climbing trees is also GRAND. One of life's pleasure is a tree that is easy to climb and find a spot to watch the world go by.

I once attended a cowboy church in rural Florida. After church the kids were climbing a beautiful easy to climb, Live Oak.
Good read... Stay cool.