It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 31, Book 14


Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven. 

Sir John Lubbock



Day 42 of 50: Feast your eyes on the sunset

The most beautiful sunsets I’ve been blessed to see were where we camped for several years.  I could sit in my chair around the campfire and watch the sun go down over the hills.

A sunset is like watching magic in the sky. It's color growing more vivid just before it falls behind the horizon  reminds me of the cycle of life: How the older folks like me grow more salty and brazen with their opinions and praises. There’s beauty in every stage of life as there is in the way the sun passes over the earth.

I know that at my age over the half the sunsets in my life are over.  The  Spring season is fast fading into Summer.  


Remember:   sunsets turn into sunrises

Each sunset is special...  Each sunrise is new.  Each breeze in the trees is a promise come true.  Each evening's a wonder where beauty abounds. 

I can watch the sun come up. I have a front row seat to watch God’s world go from dark to golden. Guess what? The same happens to my attitude.


The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.

Michael Josephson

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE sunsets and sunrises. They are poetry in motion.

Chatty Crone said...

You know you are right - we have to share our happiness with others. You have shared your happiness with me and others - thank you!

betty said...

I liked that quote about people appreciating what we have. Those were wise words expressed! So true too about sharing our happiness with others instead of expecting others to make us happy.

Rarely do we have spectacular sunrises but lots of great sunsets here (provided the marine layer of clouds hasn't rolled in :)

betty

jack69 said...

This is a very enjoyable read. I love sunsets anyway, but you describe them in words, very well.

Love it, thanks.... This is one of the 'feel good' ones...