It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 3, Book 14



After a visit to the beach, it's hard to believe that we live in a material world. 

Pam Shaw


Day 13 of 50:  Plan an outing to a river, lake, stream, or ocean.

I love the beach and the nearest one to me is found on the shores of Lake Erie. I made my first trip to the beach already this year.  My youngest son and his family took me along when they visited there on Palm Sunday.  It was a cloudy but wonderfully warm day to be out and about and they know how much I love the peacefulness of sitting on the beach and watching the waves roll in.  

Heres some steps I found to be wonderful advice for having a great day at the beach:

Grab some friends. Friends always have a way of making you forget about what is going on in life.

Bring a beach chair that can get wet and sandy. A beach bag with a lot of tanning oil and sunscreen you don’t what to get burned. If you love to read, bring a good book to get lost in while sitting at the edge of the water.

Bring some games along. Games are a great way to get involved with your friends or meet new people it doesn’t matter if you are good at the games or not it’s all about having fun.

Go for a walk. Going for a long walk barefoot in the sand, while the water washes over your feet. The sun beating down on your shoulders and the cool breeze blowing your hair. Gives people an opportunity to have time to themselves, relax and clear their heads.


The 3 things I’m thankful for today:


1634. for our Angel, my granddaughter who's birthday is today, she's a blessing indeed!
1635. for all the angels in my life, they are all around us, some disguised and some not
1636. for a partly sunny day, I’m looking forward to some sunshine!


May the clouds in your life form only a background for a lovely sunset

3 comments:

Barb Pinion said...

An uplifting, warm post as always. I too love sitting on the beach. Well, I actually I love all of it: walking barefoot in the sand, soaking up the sun in a comfortable chair with eyes closed while listening to the waves. I especially love watching the awesome sight of the setting sun, it's colors dancing across the water.

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

Happy Saturday MA. Thank you for always putting a smile on my face.

TARYTERRE said...

I too find solace at the water's edge. It's a wonderful way to spend a day.