It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 29, Book 14


The concept of total wellness recognizes that our every thought, word, and behavior affects our greater health and well being. And we, in turn, are affected not only emotionally but also physically and spiritually. 

Greg Anderson

Day 40 of 50: Pick up a spiritual book

I am blessed to have a good many of Max Lucado’s books and also quite a few with the poems of Helen Steiner Rice.  Both are very spiritual and inspirational writers.

I have many others on my book shelf too.  My collection is wide and varied.  I have a few books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series and one called God’s Little Devotional Book.  I also have books by A.W. Tozer and C.S. Lewis.  There are really too many to give credit to them all.

I like to start and end my day by reading a little in them and over the years that means I’ve read a lot.  Some were gifts, some I found in used book stores and some I bought brand new.  

If at first you don’t succeed try reading the instructions.  

Most of us have a limited understanding of what spiritual life is, of the many activities and attitudes it includes.  I can highly recommend some spiritual reading.  These books act both as a guide and a reference.  And don’t we all need a little help and encouragement now and then?

Today I’m thankful for:


1712. for my perennials that continue to bloom year after year
1713.  for peaceful moments
1714. for life in the slow lane


Grace is available for each of us every day -- our spiritual daily bread -- but we've got to remember to ask for it with a grateful heart and not worry about whether there will be enough for tomorrow. 

Sarah Ban Breathnach

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I think inspirational books are good for the soul. Helps keep your thoughts in check.

jack69 said...

Reading positive stuff can change one's life, if need be.
Thanks, we are storming BIG time...
I have a few more blogs to go..

Love you lady..

betty said...

I do agree with reading spiritual books; a lot of people have been blessed by God to share wisdom through them that do benefit us. Like I think I mentioned before, I do like Max Lucado's way of writing :)

betty