It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 25, Book 14




Give Thanks to the Lord for his wondrous deeds

His love is forever, 

His love is forever more…



Day  36 of 50: Give thanks for 3 good things in your life.

1.  For the wonderful world we’ve been given to discover.  Every day is such a gift and I believe that we need to look around.  Take moments just to discover what may be easily overlooked.

2.  For good memories and the chance to make new ones.  All I hold dear is deep in my heart and for me the memories of those I’ve loved and are now gone as well as those far away that I don’t get to see very often are always just as close as my heart.  Every day we get a chance to make some new memories and I hope I always make good ones.  

3.  For love.  Love is the most important part of life.  Without love we are nothing.  We all need it and we all need to share it with others.  For me there is no time for anger or hatred in this short time we get on earth.  Always, always take the time to tell those you love just how much they mean to you.

Gratitude has helped me to realize how many blessings God gives us every day that we seldom take the time to notice. In turn, my gratitude has made my burdens easier to bear.

I’ve always tried to be a thankful person but it wasn’t until after reading Ann Voskamp’s book 1000 gifts, that I really started writing them down.  I used to do a thankful Thursday post on my blog but that wasn’t quite the same as what I do now with listing 3 things every day.   I’m so grateful that I did because my memory sometimes fails me on dark and dreary days but now I can actually look at what I’ve been thankful for.  

I’ve been giving you just a sample of my 3 things for the Easter Season this year.  I can recommend making a list and keeping it to reread when you need a lift.

Today I’m thankful for:


1700. for our little Xfactor, two years old today (he's in the picture for today)
1701. for the 2nd beautiful day weather wise in our triple star weekend
1702.  for a day that promotes awareness and education to guard against missing and abducted children.  (Today is 
National Missing Children Day )

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

GRATITUDE is important for sure. Happy Memorial Day. Enjoy!

betty said...

Happy official birthday to X Factor! I've said it before, Ma, but it is neat how you chronicle the gratitude in your life. You are right, it is good to look back on it and remember what you are thankful for!

betty

jack69 said...

From your writing over the last couple years, ALL of us readers of MA, know you are one thankful person, and it shows.
Good entry...

Chatty Crone said...

I have to admit I am going through a little hard time now - but I am fighting to keep my gratitude up!!!

Hollie said...

It is a great idea to write down our thankfuls!! I know it's a great reminder to go back and read over them!! I hope you have a safe and Happy Memorial Day!!