It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 20, Book 14


If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. 

Bob Hope


To keep spiritually fit, consult the Great Physician.


Day 31 of 50: Do a Bible study for 7 weeks.

Note:  At this point Ive found myself having to readjust the day numbers to come out even on this countdown of 50 days.  I’m not sure exactly what happened but I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually...

I read somewhere that our hearts pump at a rate of 70-75 beats per minute. A healthy heart pumps 2,000 gallons of blood through 60,000 miles of blood vessels each day.  A healthy heart can do amazing things. Conversely, if our heart malfunctions, our whole body shuts down.

The same could be said of our spiritual heart. In Scripture, the word heart represents the center of our emotions, thinking, and reasoning. It is the command center of our life.

To keep my spiritual heart healthy I do try to do keep up with my Bible studies.  Sad to say that I’m presently falling behind and need to catch up.  I started a study about Gideon and haven’t finished it yet.  It brought out several good points that I hadn’t considered before.  That’s what a good study does for you it gets your mind into the heart of things.


All that is worth cherishing begins in the heart. 

Suzanne Chapin


4 comments:

Barb Pinion said...

I only recently got back on track with my Bible studies. It is amazing how easily little things can distract us from what is important. Have a wonderful day, Ma. Love you much.

jack69 said...

Like the Bob Hope quote and your analogy of the heart is spot on. (I did like the facts of the heart function, amazing, as you said.

Beautiful day down here.

betty said...

That was a great quote from Bob Hope! What an interesting Bible study on Gideon, Ma. Always something new to learn with reading and studying the Bible :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

It is so true that if "our heart malfunctions, our whole body shuts down." Then you add the Bob Hope quote to that and you see the bigger picture.