It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 17, Book 14


The Footprints Prayer

One night I had a dream...

I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, There was only one set of footprints.

I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way; But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, There is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in times when I needed you the most, you should leave me.

The Lord replied, My precious, precious child. I love you, and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you.

Day 25 of 50: Recognize God in All Things


Sometimes things happen in such a way or we see something so amazing that we know that it had to have been a gift from God.  But He is in the every day ordinary things of our life.  Truly He is in every thing.  All things.   God works through the ordinary in extraordinary ways.  Whether it pleases us or not, each moment of life is a gift.  

Every now and again take a good look at something not made with hands- a mountain, a star, the turn of a stream. There will come to you wisdom and patience and solace and, above all, the assurance that you are not alone in the world.

God is there...

Very often we close our eyes to the wonders bestowed upon us every day - the beauty of the day, the touch of our children's hands, the very air we breath and the water we drink.

We can see His footprints every where if we take the time to look.  

Today’s picture is of two of my grandsons and their Dad at the beach.  Their footprints are everywhere.  A God given moment for sure.


 God is good and He’s in control.

Today I’m thankful for:

1676. for our military men and women who give there best for us everyday.
1677.  for family fun days to look forward to
1678. for answered prayers, our God is always good!


And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 

Romans 8:28


2 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

That is a charming picture of your grandchildren and son. Beautiful, indeed. ENJOY those family moments.

betty said...

That is a very sweet picture of your grandsons and son. I do like their footprints.

So true about God's footprints all around us in his creation and how he is always with us; always a good reminder too to remember he is, especially during the tough times.

betty