It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 12, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 12, Book 14


Be a friend. You don't need money;
Just a disposition sunny;
Just the wish to help another
Get along some way or other;
Just a kindly hand extended
Out to one who's un-befriended;
Just the will to give or lend,
This will make you someone's friend.

Be a friend. You don't need glory.
Friendship is a simple story.
Pass by trifling errors blindly,
Gaze on honest effort kindly,
Cheer the youth who's bravely trying,
Pity him who's sadly sighing;
Just a little labor spend
On the duties of a friend.

Be a friend. The pay is bigger
(Though not written by a figure)
Than is earned by people clever
In what's merely self-endeavor.
You'll have friends instead of neighbors
For the profits of your labors;
You'll be richer in the end
Than a prince, if you're a friend.


Edgar Guest


I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.

Anonymous


Day 20 of 50: Tell someone one reason that you appreciate them. 

Thank you for the way you... ... ... ...; I really appreciate it!

I have family that are my friends and I have friends that are like family.  I know know where I’d be without all my friends.  I am truly thank for all of you !


A Friend


If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it Just for you
And share with you Its beauty
On the days You're feeling blue

If I could build a mountain
You could call Your very own
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone

If I could Take your troubles
I would toss them In the sea
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me

I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be What I know best
A friend That's always there


Author Unknown


Today I’m thankful for :


1661. for my favorite SIL, his birthday is today
1662. for a great  Mothers Day
1663.  for lots of birthdays  to celebrate !


Close friends are truly life's treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.

Vincent van Gogh

3 comments:

betty said...

Those were all nice poems that featured how to be a friend and then the Friend poem. I appreciate your sunny positive disposition, Ma, and how you are always so thankful and filled with gratitude :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Funny my husband and I were just talking about what makes up a good friend just tonight!

TARYTERRE said...

Love the sentiment, "Friendship is a simple story."