It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 11, Book 14


MOTHERS DAY

Love Is a Heart Gift
that cannot be bought or sold
For any amount of Silver of Gold
And there could never be another
who loves more deeply than a Mother.



MOTHER IS A WORD CALLED LOVE

Mother is a word call Love
And all the world is mindful of 
The love that’s given and shown to others
Is different from The Love of Mothers
For Mothers play the leading roles
In giving birth to little souls
For though small souls are heaven sent
And we realize they are only lent,
It takes a Mothers loving hands
And her gentle heart that understands
To mold and shape this little life
And shelter it through the storm and strife
No other love than Mother Love
Could do the things required of
The one to whom God gives the keeping
Of His wee lambs, awake or sleeping
So Mothers are a special race
God sent to earth to take His place
And Mother is a lovely name 
That even Saints are proud to claim

Helen Steiner Rice


I hope you ALL have a very happy Mothers Day!

Remembering all Mom’s today, with a grateful heart.

Today I’m thankful for :

1658. for mothers everywhere, where would any of us be without them.
1659.  for wonderful memories and the chance to make new ones
1660.  for the wonderful opportunity to be a mother

Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. 

Author Unknown

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Happy Mother's Day my sweet friend!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Rose said...

Enjoyed the lovely poem that you posted for Mother's Day.

Hope you are enjoying yours! I got my calls this morning from my children. I wish I were with them.

Hugs, Rose

jack69 said...

Busy around here today, both of Sherry's boys and their boys were here for dinner in the Motor home. Son jack brought all the food!

Happy Mother's Day to you. I know your brood will call and come around, to see their MOM. You are most likely another one of the 'BEST MOM IN THE WORLD".

betty said...

I liked the Helen Steiner Rice poem! I hope you had a great Mother's Day, Ma!

betty

Carol Z said...

Had a lovely day with sweet memories of my mother. Hope you had a great day!