It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Chapter 5, Page 1, Book 14



Day 11 of 50:   Use the old Easter greeting and response: Christ is risen! – He is risen indeed!

The picture above is one of the three old postcards that I found in an antique store.  They had many different kinds of post cards, but only a few Easter cards.  It makes me wonder if at one time people used postcards more than the greeting cards we use today.  

There was a time I used to buy Easter book marks and send them out to those I care about as an Easter greeting.  That is one of many things I’ve not been able to find in any of the stores around here.  I loved receiving them as well as giving them.

I think that as a rule people are just not sending out as many cards as they used too.  There was a time when I used to receive a lot of e-cards on the computer too, not so much any more at all.  

I’m wondering if people don’t care or just don’t have the time any more.  We live in a digital age where it is more common to send text messages, emails and private messages via social networking.   To me a greeting cards purpose is to uplift the recipient. Even without having to read a word, it’s easy for a card handpicked for a specific person to lighten up their day. You don’t have to read a word to get that sudden feeling of excitement.

Best wishes for the Easter season!


Today I’m thankful for:

1628. for a new month to enjoy.  Welcome May!
1629.  for all the beautiful colors all around this time of year.  Winter was so white for so long.
1630.  for an attitude of gratitude, It makes everything seem like a gift.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t say  —   Christ is risen! – He is risen indeed!

4 comments:

linda m said...

I think people just don't have the time anymore to send store bought cards. I have really noticed this around Christmas time. It is so much easier to use the computer - especially Facebook - to send your greetings. People seem to me to get lazier about sendings greetings these days. Oh well, I still send store bought cards and I love picking them out. Blessings

jack69 said...

Good read. you always inspire.
Thanks. We might have sun here today!!!
Love from North Carolina

betty said...

He is risen indeed! So true, Ma, about people sending less cards these days. I know there is one lady from church who writes notes of encouragement to people, it is always neat to get them; I need to send some out myself I think.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I agree a greeting card can make somebody's day. Picking out the perfect one is a way of showing how much you care about someone.