It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Chapter 4, Page 5, Book 14




As for me, I know nothing else but miracles,
Whether I walk the streets of Manhattan,
Or dart my sight over the roofs of houses toward the sky,
Or wade with naked feet along the beach just in the edge of the water,
Or stand under the trees in the woods,
Or talk by day with any one I love,
Or sleep in bed at night with any one I love,
Or watch honey bees busy around the hive of a summer forenoon...
Or the wonderfulness of the sundown,
Or of stars shining so quiet and bright,
Or the exquisite delicate thin curve of the new moon in spring...
What stranger miracles are there?

Walt Whitman


Today’s Focus:

Give up gloom----enjoy the beauty that is all around you.


It's Not All Doom and Gloom Out There.  There is a lot of sadness in the world. It used to be that news traveled slowly.  It came by horses, boats, or even by the feet of messengers. Today we are inundated with news,  Every time we hear awful news, we think , not again.  But good things happen too. And they are happening today. All around us

 Makes you wonder what is really important to people.  One thing I like to see is a newscast that includes some good news.  It would be nice if there was more.  Too many times we hear only bad news. There are so many beautiful things happening every day that I’m sure they could fill at least an hour or two, but for some strange reason the reporters seem to pick up the gloomy things to talk about.

If the news gets me down, I turn it off.  I can make the choice.  I can look for some wondrous things to focus my attention on.   That’s the beauty of life.  We have choices to make.  

When's the last time you shared what God gave to you and blessed you with.  

I have counted at least 3 things every day that I'm thankful for a little over a  year and have now reached 1500 gifts.  On my way to 2000.  I'm not stopping, but will continue on counting.  There is always, always something to be thankful for.

04/05/2014
1550. for my children and grandchildren
1551. for the opportunity to pray
1552. for a job that never ends


Roses in my garden last summer - 2013

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.

Dale Carnegie

6 comments:

jack69 said...

You started and ended with quotes by wise men. I like them both and both make sense. The good thing about your entry is you put some meat inside the sandwich. Thanks. We do need to turn off that BAD news. and Look around for the miracles Walt talks about.
Looks like a nice day here but a little overcast. We might just have spring before summer.
Love from South Carolina

Carol Z said...

At this minute I'm thankful for my computer and the ability to see it and to type. I'm grateful for the lovely blog friend who will read this and for the gift of friendship. I'm grateful, too, for the cup of coffee I'm about to drink.

Joyful Days said...

Wise thoughts & true. Can't watch the news much...not being an ostrich, it just makes my heart so heavy. Still read it, but limit my time. Try to pray for those who are hurting that I see on the news.

But...it is easy to find miracles! I'm amazed by the gifts that I've been blessed with.

(())

Hollie said...

There are so many things to be thankful for!! I agree about the news. It would be great for them to report some good news at the end of the newscast at least to lift everyone's spirits!!

betty said...

I think it is so neat, Ma, that you always share what you are thankful for! I do agree with you that it would be nice if the news did report some good happy news once in awhile! I know they tend to do more happy news on the morning news shows, but just think how neat it would be to end the newscast every night with something fun or happy instead of doom and gloom.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Liked the Whitman and Carnegie quotes. LOVELY.