It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chapter 4, Page 29, Book 14





When life knocks you on your knees you are in a perfect position to pray.


Day 9 of 50: Celebrate new life by doing something to support unborn children and their parents.


The birth of a child is a miracle, a blessing, one of the world's wonders we can see for ourselves. As a mom with a large family, now all grown, I can look back and see how much a little encouragement meant to me at the time.

There were days on end that I could have used a little help, but the help I had was mostly right here at the end my arms, my own two hands.  I do remember some lovely ladies from our church who came to visit that would leave some pamphlets an what to expect and things to do with your child as they grew.  They were a welcome sight.

As a grandmother there is little I’ve been able to do for most of my grandchildren, so many are far away and I worked full time for years.  But thankfully since I’ve retired I have been able to do a lot of babysitting and I think that is something that is appreciated.  Child care costs a lot and I don’t charge anything of course, the joy of having time with the babies is payment enough for me.  

Being a parent is a big responsibility and one that really never stops.  One thing I’ve learned is that I always have time to pray.  We have a powerful God to whom we can bring our concerns. So before you do anything else, remember to ASAP, Always Say A Prayer


There's work to do, deadlines to meet;
You've got no time to spare,
But as you hurry and scurry-
ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

In the midst of family chaos,
Quality time is rare.
Do your best; let God do the rest-
ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER.

It may seem like your worries
Are more than you can bear.
Slow down and take a breather-
ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

God knows how stressful life is;
He wants to ease our cares,
And He'll respond to all your needs
ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER
.

Let’s all continue to pray for one another. 

Bringing joy to the world is yet another critical piece is the ability to convert our happiness into joy for others. Easter People share their hope outwardly and lift up those around them who need it.  Nothing gets us out of our personal doldrums quite like helping others out of theirs. 


Three things I’m thankful for today:


1622. for roses, a flower representing peace
1623. for peace filled days at home
1624.  for smiles, they bring peace


Faith is not without worry or care, but faith is fear that has said a prayer

Author Unknown

6 comments:

linda m said...

I was living overseas when my son was born, so didn't get any help with him. Now with my grandson they live 15 hours away so I don't get to help with him. Sometimes it is hard being a parent and grandparent, but I never give up being the best I can be no matter what. Whenever I am with my family I am the BEST mom and grandma I can be. Love my family. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

I agree that happiness and joy can be contagious. It is good to share it. The effect spreads.

Pat MacKenzie said...

A lovely timely post. I love being with my children and grandchildren and am fortunate to live close enough to be part of their lives. I'm sure your family feels blessed to have a mother, grandmother like you to love and inspire them.

betty said...

I love that ASAP! I also like taking a day/time to do something to help a mother or something for the unborn. I know whenever we have a new baby at church and the family is asking for meals for a bit, we'll do our best to provide one for them; every little bit helps :)

betty

Rose said...

This is such a lovely post.

Raising children is not an easy job as it comes with a great deal of responsibility and sharing love.

Jean said...

Most of my grandchildren are all grown up now and some have families of their own. I have more g-grandchildren then grand's, ha. I love them all and wish that they were around more. The youngest little sweetie is 10 months old now and lives about fourteen hour drive from me. Oh how I would enjoy babysitting her. It's raining here in South Alabama today just hope we don't have any tornados. Take care. Jean