It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 28, 2014

Chapter 4, Page 28, Book 14



There will be no crown bearers in heaven who are not cross bearers on earth. 

Source Unknown


Day 8 of 50:  Make a poster of a life giving cross. Add paper flowers and leaves to it throughout Easter.


At Easter time we place beauty all around us, decorating our home with signs of new life such as flowers, alleluia banners, eggs and chicks and lambs, new candles and lots of white.  We open wide the curtains to let the sun shine.  Visual reminders all around that say Proclaim Resurrection.

I think that having a life giving cross with flowers and leaves would certainly brighten up the place around here.  Any little thing we can do to add color to our space certainly adds a little celebratory feel to our rooms.  

At one time or another all of us have had a cross to bear.  So many times over the years, I've needed something to make me feel alive and enthusiastic.  Some days wore me down so much that truthfully there was no where to look but up.  And sometimes when we're down and out, we're almost afraid to be happy, we get leery of life and what might happen next.

There is no sense in waiting for the other shoe to drop though. Difficult times have a way of convincing us that they're here to stay. Even when things are good, we have a tendency to believe that it's only a matter of time before things go wrong again. It’s in these times that we need to remember when things have improved, when the stone has been rolled back from the tomb, we should celebrate. When things are good, celebrate them. When life is blissfully boring, celebrate it. To me there is nothing so glorious as an ordinary day.  That way, when trouble finds you again, at least you're not treating it as though it never left.

When we spend too much time looking back at past events, we get caught up in the woulda, shoulda, coulda  mental talk. Learn from your past, then let it go.  Every day may not be good but there is something good to be found in every day.

Today I’m thankful for:

1619. for my inner clock, which is still ticking
1620. for time to do what I want and when I want to
1621. for a good sleep every night, it does make a difference.

The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. 

Robert Flatt

5 comments:

linda m said...

I like the idea of the cross. Think I'll make one to remind me of God's love. Blessings

betty said...

I like the thought when life is blissfully boring to enjoy it and celebrate it, because you are right, Ma, the difficult times will always come back and be around us.

May you enjoy your day!

betty

jack69 said...

Hey Ma, this line:
Difficult times have a way of convincing us that they're here to stay. ....

Is one of the best I have read and so stinking true. it is so true, that even when we know better, we fall into the trap.

I needed that lady. THANKS BUNCHES!

jack69 said...

Hey Ma, this line:
Difficult times have a way of convincing us that they're here to stay. ....

Is one of the best I have read and so stinking true. it is so true, that even when we know better, we fall into the trap.

I needed that lady. THANKS BUNCHES!

TARYTERRE said...

I loved this quote from your blog post today, "To me there is nothing so glorious as an ordinary day. That way, when trouble finds you again, at least you're not treating it as though it never left." A beautiful way to look at things, for sure.